Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Glamified Kitchen Chair!

I'm living in an apartment next year with three other girls. Each of us are taking an old boring chair and decorating it to match our personalities. This is what I came up with using paint chip samples!

Before                                                After



For my personal chair, I wanted to make it fun, girly, and glittery! I started by sanding and painting the chair burgundy. Next, I used Mod Podge ® to adhere randomly colored paint chips (free!) to the seat and back of the chair. I measured the boxes to be 1 ½ inches apart. To cover up the numbers on the paint chips, (ex. K12), I attached gems that best matched that paint square. The variety of colored hearts down one leg of the chair are paint chips, and the flowers you see where you rest your back are paint chips as well. To make the flowers I cut out 12 heart shapes from the paint chips and attached them at the center with a gem.
            Also on the back of the chair are four 3-inch fabrics weaved in and out of the spindles and tied at one end.  Old magazines were cut up and made into a collage that was attached using Mod Podge ®. Other materials used to decorate the chair include: lacy fabric, beads, ribbon, fake flowers, buttons, scrapbook paper and feathers. The best part about this project is it was so cheap and there were so many possibilities! I hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment